CSRML4BI: A Goal-Oriented Requirements Approach for Collaborative Business Intelligence
Collaborative Business Intelligence (BI) is a common practice in enterprises. Isolated decision makers have neither knowledge nor time required to gather and analyze all the information for making many decisions. Nevertheless, current practice for collaborative BI is still based on arbitrarily interchanging e-mails and documents between participants. In turn, information is lost, participants are missed, and the decision making task yields poor results. In this paper, we propose a framework, based on state of the art approaches for modelling collaborative systems and elicitating BI requirements, to carefully model and elicitate the participants, goals, and information needs, involved in collaborative BI. Therefore, we can easily keep track of all elements involved in a collaborative decision, avoiding losing information and facilitating the collaboration.
KeywordsCollaborative systems business intelligence requirements i*
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berthold, H., Rösch, P., Zöller, S., Wortmann, F., Carenini, A., Campbell, S., Strohmaier, F.: An architecture for ad-hoc and collaborative business intelligence. In: 2010 EDBT/ICDT Workshops, pp. 13–19. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Devlin, B.: Collaborative Business Intelligence: Socializing Team-Based Decision Making. Business Intelligence Journal 17(3), 9–17 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Horkoff, J., Barone, D., Jiang, L., Yu, E., Amyot, D., Borgida, A., Mylopoulos, J.: Strategic business modeling: Representation and reasoning. Softw. Syst. Model., 1-27 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Kaufmann, J., Chamoni, P.: Structuring Collaborative Business Intelligence: A Literature Review. In: 47th Hawaii Int. Conf. on System Sciences (HICSS), pp. 3738–3747 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.White, S.A.: BPMN modeling and reference guide: understanding and using BPMN. Future Strategies Inc. (2008)Google Scholar