«INFANT.MAVS» - Multimedia Model for Infants Cognitive and Emotional Development Study
- 1k Downloads
A model of multimodal sensory environment «INFANT.MAVS» is elaborated. It comprises two bases of stimuli of different perceptual complexity: 1) simple stimuli (visual, audible, tactile and graphic) and 2) a set of complex stimuli synthesized as combinations of simple ones. The software includes a database management component and the database itself. The management component is created with Microsoft Visual Basic v.6.0 and is designed to run on operating systems of Windows. The model test results showed that stimuli evoked children’s responses in the form of focused attention, vocalizations, smiles and simulation activity; in adults they evoked positive emotions. These data allow us to conclude that the model "INFANT.MAVS" complies with the objectives it was intended for.
KeywordsSoftware multimedia model infants children early cognitive development emotional development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karpov, A., Kipyatkova, I., Ronzhin, A.: Very Large Vacabulary ASR for Spoken Russian with Syntactic and Morpheme Analysis. In: Proc. 12th International Conference INTERSPEECH -2011, ISCA Association, Florence, Italy, pp. 3161–3164 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Ogorodnikova, E.A., Koroleva, I.V., Lublinskaja, V.V., Pak, S.P., Stoljarova, E.I., Baljakova, A.A.: Computer in rehabilitation of patients with cochlear implants. In: Proc. of 13th International Conf., SPECOM 2009. SPb: SPIIRAS, pp. 483–486 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Why Cry Baby Analyzer HC-WHYCRY http://www.harriscomm.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=18239 (2014)
- 6.Lyakso, E., Frolova, O.: Russian Vowels System Acoustic Features Development in Ontogenesis. In: Proc. 8th International Conference INTERSPEECH -2007, ISCA Association Interspeech 2007, Antwerp, Belgium, pp. 2309–2313 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Lyakso, E., Novikova, I., Petrikova, N., Chelibanova, O.: Development of language acquisition during the child’s first year. In: Proceeding IX Session of the Russian Acoustic Society “Speech Technology Today” M.: GEOS, pp.100-103 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Lyakso, E.: Development of vocal imitation during the first year of infants’ age. Thesis for the joint conference of the X international congress for the study of child language and the symposium on research in child language disorders. Madison, US., pp.138–139 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Lyakso, E., Kurazhova, A., Gajkova, J., Frolova, O., Ostrouhov, A., Soloviev, A.: B.E., Grigoriev, A., Losik, G., Erchak, H.: Model “Virtual Mother” for Orphans’ Speech Development. In: Proc. of 13th International Conference «Speech and Computer» SPECOM - 2009. SPb. Russia. pp. 295–299 (2009)Google Scholar