Optimal Placement of the Bike Rental Stations and Their Capacities in Olomouc
Several towns over the whole world run the network of the station for rent a bike for municipal transport. The town Olomouc has good condition for bike transport. The town is flat, and private transport by bike is very often. There is the opportunity to prepare the network of bike rental station. The rent out the bike is assumed for daily transport of inhabitants or tourists and visitors. The presented study shows the analysis of optimal placement of the rental station in Olomouc. The spatial analysis is based on data about street lines, cycling lines and numbers of inhabitants and others. Extension Network Analyst for ArcGIS was used for location and allocation analyses. Moreover, the suggestion of capacities (number of position for bikes) for each station was calculated. The result is two variants for 3 and 4 min walking time to the rental station.
KeywordsRental station Cycling Location analysis Allocation analysis
Work was supported by the project CZ.1.07/2.3.00/20.0166.
- 1.Chen F (2011) A GIS suitability model on optimal locations for bike-sharing stations: a case study in the city of San Francisco. http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~fncchen/portfolio/%5BPAPER%5D%20A%20GIS%20Suitability%20Model%20on%20Optimal%20Locations%20for%20Bikesharing%20Stations.pdf. Accessed 7 Apr 2013
- 2.Martinez LM, Caetano L, Eiro T, Cruz F (2012) An optimization algorithm to establish the location of stations of a mixed fleet biking system: an application to the city of Lisbon. Conference EWGT, Paris, 10–13 Sept. http://www.lvmt.fr/ewgt2012/compendium_109.pdf. Accessed 8 Apr 2013
- 3.Wuerzer T, Mason S, Youngerman R (2012) Boise bike share location analysis. http://sspa.boisestate.edu/planning/files/2012/12/Boise-Bike-Share-Location-Analysis.pdf. Accessed 8 Apr 2013
- 4.Ajuntament de Valencia (2013) Valenbisi, En Valencia, di sí a la bici. http://www.valenbisi.com/. Accessed 7 Oct 2013
- 5.Sedlák P, Komárková J, Jedlička M, Hlásný R, Černovská I (2010) Modelling of spatial analyses processes for purpose of detection of weak points in barrier-free environment. In: Narsingh D et al (ed) Applied computer science, Proceedings of international conference on ACS, WSEAS Press, Malta, pp 419–412Google Scholar
- 6.Midgley P (2011) Bicycle-sharing schemes: enhancing sustainable mobility in urban areas. http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/resources/res_pdfs/csd-19/Background-Paper8-P.Midgley-Bicycle.pdf. Accessed 10 Apr 2013
- 7.Bike Share Program Investigation (2009) Phase 1 report: best practices investigation final report. http://www.smartcommute.ca/media/uploads/pdf/bike_share_best_practices_2009.pdf. Accessed 10 Apr 2013
- 8.Hýbner R (2013) Návrh optimálního rozmístění stanic půjčoven kol a jejich kapacit v Olomouci (Design of the optimal placement of the bike rental stations and their capacities in Olomouc) diploma thesis, Department of geoinformatics. Palacký University, OlomoucGoogle Scholar
- 10.Dobesova Z, Dobes P (2012) Comparison of visual languages in geographic information systems. Erwing M, Stapleton G, Costagliola G (eds) Proceedings of IEEE symposium on visual languages and human centric computing, VL/HCC 2012 IEEE, Innsbruck, p 245Google Scholar
- 11.Dobesova Z (2013) Using the “Physics” of notation to analyse ModelBuilder diagrams. In: Proceedings of SGEM 2013 13th international multidisciplinary scientific geoconference, vol 1, STEF92 Technology Ltd., Sofia, pp 595–602Google Scholar
- 12.Valchařová D (2012) Alokační a lokační analýzy města Olomouce. (Location and allocation analyses in town Olomouc) diploma thesis, Department of geoinformatics, Palacký University, OlomoucGoogle Scholar