Robustness Analysis in Multicriteria Disaggregation – Aggregation Approaches for Group Decision Making
Multicriteria Disaggregation - Aggregation (D-A) approaches results to the estimation of Decision Makers’ preference models (usually of additive value) through interactive procedures, where the global preferences of DMs are analysed. The low robustness of preference models, presented in many cases, can be the result of the ill-structured problem formulation or can reflect the real thoughts of DMs. The case of collaborative decision making presents more complicated situations. This research work describes the use of visual techniques based on 3d graphs and a set of indices, which can be used for picturing and comprehension of the low robustness in collaborative decision making problems. Also, the frame of feedbacks which can be utilised for the reducing and the exploitation of the low robustness is described and illustrated through a case study.
KeywordsMulticriteria decision aid Collaborative decision making Robustness analysis
This research has been co-financed by the European Union (European Social Funds (ESF) and Greek national funds through the Operational Program “Education and Lifelong Learning” of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) - Research Funding Program: THALES. Investing in knowledge society through the European Social Funds.
- 3.Borda, J.C.: Memoire sur les elections au scrutin. Histoire de L’Academie Royale des Sciences (1781)Google Scholar
- 6.Hwang, C.-L., Lin, M.-J.: Group Decision Making under Multiple Criteria. Lectures Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems. Springer, Berlin (1988)Google Scholar
- 11.Siskos, Y., Yannacopoulos, D.: UTASTAR, an ordinal regression method for building additive value functions. Investigacao Operacional 5(1), 39–53 (1985)Google Scholar
- 13.Siskos, Y., Spyridakos, A., Yannacopoulos, D.: MINORA: a multicriteria decision aiding system for discrete alternatives. J. Inf. Sci. Technol. In: Siskos, Y., Zopounidis, C. (eds.) Special Issue on Multicriteria Decision Support Systems, 2(2), 136–149 (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.Spyridakos, A.: Aggregation of individual preference models in collaborative decision making through disaggregation-aggregation approach with the RACES system. In: Respicio, A., Burstein, F. (eds.) Fusing Decision Support Systems into the Fabric of the Contex, pp. 241–252. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Spyridakos, A., Yannacopoulos, D.: Incorporating collective functions to multicriteria disaggregation – aggregation approaches for small group decision making. Ann. Oper. Res. 216 (2014). doi: 10.1007/s10479-014-1609-3