Relevance Measure in Large-Scale Heterogeneous Networks
- 2.7k Downloads
Recently, there is a surge of heterogeneous information network analysis, where network includes multiple types of objects or links. Many data mining tasks have been studied on it, among which similarity measure is a basic and important function. Several similarity measures have been proposed in heterogeneous information network. However, they suffer from high computation and memory demand. In this paper, we propose a novel measure, called AvgSim, which can measure similarity of same or different-typed object pairs in a uniform framework and has some good properties. AvgSim value of two objects is evaluated through two random walk processes along the given meta-path and the reverse meta-path, respectively. In addition, we implement AvgSim using MapReduce parallel model in order to enable the application in large-scale networks. Experiments on real data sets verify the effectiveness and efficiency of AvgSim.
KeywordsHeterogeneous information network Similarity search Random walk MapReduce
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sun, Y., Han, J., Zhao, P., Yin, Z., Cheng, H., Wu, T.: RankClus: integrating clustering with ranking for heterogeneous information network analysis. In: EDBT, pp. 565–576 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Kong, X., Yu, P.S., Ding, Y., Wild, D.J.: Meta path-based collective classification in heterogeneous information networks. In: CIKM, pp. 1567–1571 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Page, L., Brin, S., Motwani, R., Winograd, T.: The pagerank citation ranking: bringing order to the web. Stanford University Database Group. Technical report (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Jeh, G., Widom, J.: SimRank: a measure of structural-context similarity. In: KDD, pp. 538–543 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Sun, Y., Han, J., Yan, X., Yu, P., Wu, T.: Pathsim: meta path-based top-k similarity search in heterogeneous information networks. In: VLDB, pp. 992–1003 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Shi, C., Kong, X., Huang, Y., Yu, P.S., Wu, B.: HeteSim: A General Framework for Relevance Measure in Heterogeneous Networks. In: CoRR, pp.abs/1309.7393 (2013)Google Scholar