Processing of Quantitative Expressions with Measurement Units in the Nominative, Genitive, and Accusative Cases for Belarusian and Russian
This paper outlines an approach to the stage-by-stage solution of the computer-linguistic problem of the processing of quantitative expressions with measurement units by means of the linguistic processor NooJ. The focus is put on the nominative, genitive, and accusative cases for Belarusian and Russian. The paper gives a general analysis of the problem providing examples not only for Belarusian and Russian, but also for English.
KeywordsNooJ text-to-speech synthesis text processing Belarusian Russian quantitative expressions measurement units
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bekavac, B., Agić, Ž., Šojat, K., Tadić, M.: Units of Measurement Detection Module for NooJ. In: Mesfar, S., Silberztein, M. (eds.) NooJ 2009 International Conference and Workshop. Finite State Language Engineering, pp. 121–127. Centre de Publication Universitaire, Tunisia (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Numeric Property Searching in Derwent World Patents, http://www.stn-international.com/numeric_property_searching.html
- 3.Quantalyze service, https://www.quantalyze.com/en/
- 4.Hetsevich, Y., Skopinava, A.: Identification of Expressions with Units of Measurement in Scientific, Technical & Legal Texts in Belarusian and Russian. In: Proceedings of the Workshop on Integrating IR Technologies for Professional Search (2013), http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-968/irps_6.pdf
- 5.American Heritage Science Dictionary, http://dictionary.reference.com
- 6.International System of Units (SI), http://www.bipm.org/en/si/