Analysis of Sharable Learning Processes and Action Patterns for Adaptive Learning Support
In this study, we focus on the deep analysis of the learning behavior patterns in the task-oriented learning process, which aims to extract and describe the sharable learning processes for adaptive learning support. The LA-Patterns are extracted to represent an individual’s learning behavior patterns. Three categories, named Regular Patterns, Successive Patterns, and Frequent Patterns, are classified to describe users’ learning patterns with different features, which can be utilized to recommend users with the adaptive learning process as the learning guidance. The experiment and analysis results in a learning management system are discussed finally.
KeywordsLearning Pattern Learning Analytics Sharable Learning Process Adaptive Learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Suthers, D., Verbert, K.: Learning analytics as a “middle space”. In: Proc. LAK 2013 (3rd International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge), Leuven, Belgium, pp. 1–4 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhou, X., Chen, J., Wu, B., Jin, Q.: Discovery of Action Patterns and User Correlations in Task-Oriented Processes for Goal-Driven Learning Recommendation. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (2014), doi:10.1109/TLT.2013.2297701(2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Rahman, N., Dron, J.: Challenges and Opportunities for Learning Analytics When Formal Teaching Meets Social Spaces. In: Proc. LAK 2012, Vancouver, BC, Canada, pp. 54–58 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Fournier, H., Kop, R., Sitlia, H.: The Value of Learning Analytics to Networked Learning on aPersonal Learning Environment. In: Proc. 1st International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge, Banff, Alberta, Canada (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Clow, D.: The Learning Analytics Cycle: Closing the Loop Effectively. In: Proc. LAK 2012, Vancouver, BC, Canada, pp. 134–138 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Kizilcec, R.F., Piech, C., Schneider, E.: Deconstructing Disengagement: Analyzing Learner Subpopulations in Massive Open Online Courses. In: Proc. LAK 2013, Leuven, Belgium, pp. 170–179 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Renzel, D., Klamma, R.: From Micro to Macro: Analyzing Activity in the ROLE Sandbox. In: Proc. LAK 2013, Leuven, Belgium, pp. 250–254 (2013)Google Scholar