Prediction of Protein Structure Classes with Ensemble Classifiers
Protein structure prediction is an important area of research in bioinformatics. In this research, a novel method to predict the structure of the protein is introduced. The amino acid frequencies, generalization dipeptide composition and typical hydrophobic composition of protein structure are treated as candidate feature. Flexible neural tree and neural network are employed as classification model. To evaluate the efficiency of the proposed method, a classical protein sequence dataset (1189) is selected as the test dataset. The results show that the method is efficient for protein structure prediction.
Keywordsprotein structure prediction flexible neural tree neural network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Chothia, C., Lesk, A.M.: The relation between the divergence of sequence and structure in proteins. EMBO J. 5, 823–826 (1986)Google Scholar
- 5.Chothia, C., Lesk, A.M.: The relation between the divergence of sequence and structure in proteins. EMBO J. 5(4), 823–826 (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Bairoch, A., Apweiler, R., Wu, C.H., et al.: The Universal Protein Resource (UniProt). Nucleic Acids Res. 33(Database Issue), D154–D159 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Helliwell, J.R.: Protein crystal perfection and its application. Acta Crystallographica D61(pt. 6): 793–798 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, X.S., Zhan, Z.W., Wang, Y., Wu, L.Y.: An Attempt to Explore the Similarity of Two Proteins by Their Surface Shapes. In: Operations Research and Its Applications. Lecture Notes in Operations Research, vol. 5, pp. 276–284. World Publishing Corporation, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Kohonen, J., Talikota, S., Corander, J., Auvinen, P., Arjas, E.: A Naive Bayes classifier for protein function prediction. Silico. Biol. 9(1-2), 23–34 (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.Kedarisetti, K., Kurgan, L., Dick, S.: A comment on Prediction of protein structural classes by a new measure of information discrepancy (2006) (accepted)Google Scholar