Double Pointer Shifting Window C++ Algorithm for the Matrix Multiplication
Inthis article we show how to utylize the pointer effectiveness in the matrix multiplication algorithm. To achieve this we proposed an advanced pointer-oriented matrix multiplication numerical recipe. We involved the double pointer matrix representation, with separate allocation of each row enabling this way convenient element acces without multiplication. Finally, we performed time tests which proved the high efficiency of the proposed pointer oriented paradigm.
KeywordsNumerical recipes C++ Linear algebra Pointers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bellman, R.: Introduction to Matrix Analysis. Society for Industrial Mathematics, New York (1987)Google Scholar
- 2.Kernighan, B.W., Ritchie, D.M.: The C Programming Language. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (1978)Google Scholar
- 3.Stroustrup, B.: The C++ Programming Language, 3rd edn. AT&T Labs, New Jersey (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Stroustrup, B.: The Design and Evolution of C++, 9th edn. Addison-Wesley, Massachusetts (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Waite, W.M., Goos, G.: Compiler Construction, 2nd edn. Monographs in Computer Science. Springer, New York (1983)Google Scholar