Prediction of the Performance of Web Based Systems
- 382 Downloads
Complex Web based information systems are organized as a set of component services, communicating using the client-server paradigm. The performance prediction of such systems is complicated by the fact that the service components are strongly inter-dependent. To overcome this issue, it is proposed to use simulation techniques. Extensions to the available network simulation tools are proposed to support this. The authors present the results of multiple experiments with web-based systems, which were conducted to develop a model of client-server interactions adequately describing the relationship between the server response time and resource utilization. This model was implemented in the simulation tools and its accuracy verified against a testbed system configuration.
Keywordscomplex information systems Web based systems performance assessment network simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barlow, R.E.: Engineering Reliability. ASA-SIAM Series on Statistics and Applied Probability (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Caban, D., Walkowiak, T.: Preserving continuity of services exposed to security incidents. In: Proc. The Sixth International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies, SECURWARE 2012, Rome, August 19-24, pp. 72–78 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, J.: Parallel Real-time Immersive Modeling Environment (PRIME), Scalable Simulation Framework (SSF). User’s manual. Colorado School of Mines Dept. of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, http://prime.mines.edu/
- 7.Lutteroth, C., Weber, G.: Modeling a Realistic Workload for Performance Testing. In: 12th International IEEE Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Miller, L.C.: Application Performance Management for Dummies, Riverbed Special edn. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Nielsen, J.: Usability Engineering. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1994)Google Scholar
- 12.SPECweb2009 Release 1.20 Benchmark Design Document version 1.20. SPEC (2010), http://www.spec.org/web2009/docs/design/SPECweb2009_Design.html
- 13.Walkowiak, T.: Information systems performance analysis using task-level simulator. In: Proc. DepCoS – RELCOMEX 2009, pp. 218–225. IEEE Computer Society Press (2009)Google Scholar