Actuator Failure Accommodation in Risk-Averse Feedback Control
In this chapter, an innovative baseline control strategy for the linear-quadratic class of stochastic fault-tolerant control systems with performance risk aversion has been obtained. Moreover, an efficient paradigm of determining mathematical statistics associated with performance robustness performance robustness is developed, upon which the model uncertainties of time-varying parameter perturbations and critical actuator failures of the stuck-type ones are also treated in the stochastic framework. The synthesis of risk-averse state feedback control law is shown feasible by the use of adapted dynamic programming approach to the statistical optimal control problem considered herein.
- 2.Patton, R.J.: Fault-tolerant control: the 1997 situation survey. In: Proceedings of the IFAC Symposium on Fault Detection, Supervision and Safety for Technical Processes, Hull, pp. 1029–1052 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Pham, K.D., Sain, M.K., Liberty, S.R.: Cost cumulant control: state-feedback, finite-horizon paradigm with application to seismic protection. In: Miele, A. (ed.) Spec. Issue J. Optim. Theory Appl. 115(3), 685–710. Kluwer Academic/Plenum, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Pham, K.D.: New risk-averse control paradigm for stochastic two-time-scale systems and performance robustness. In: Miele, A. (ed.) J. Optim. Theory Appl. 146(2), 511–537 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Pham, K.D.: Performance information in risk-averse control of model-following systems. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Federation of Automatic Control World Congress, Milano, pp. 12413–12420 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Pham, K.D.: Performance information in risk-averse control of model-following systems: output feedback compensation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control, Denver, pp. 593–600 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Pham, K.D.: Performance-reliability aided decision making in multiperson quadratic decision games against jamming and estimation confrontations. In: Giannessi, F. (ed.) J. Optim. Theory Appl. 149(3), 559–629 (2011)Google Scholar