A Strategic Approach to Document Accessibility: Integrating PDF/UA into Your Electronic Content
Many countries, provinces and states have legislation mandating the accessibility of documents and formatted content. There are now existing and emerging standards for specific content formats such as PDF. The question remains as to why there are so many recently produced inaccessible documents if we have tools, legislation and standards clearly mandating accessible documents.
KeywordsPDF/UA AODA Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Information Communication Technology ICT Procurement Training Standard Organizational Policy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Access Ontario, Developing Accessibility Policies for your Organization, ISBN: 978-1-4435-9778-4 (PDF)Google Scholar
- 2.PDF Association, Matterhorn Protocol, PDF/UA Conformance Testing Model, 1.0 Google Scholar
- 3.Charting A Path Forward: Report of the Independent Review of the, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, p. 25 (2005), http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/documents/en/mcss/accessibility/Charles%20Beer/Charles%20Beer.pdf
- 4.Implementing Accessibility in the Enterprise, Web Accessibility: Web Standards and Regulatory Compliance, ch. 3, http://jimthatcher.com/book2/chapter03.html
- 5.World Bank, STRATEGIC PLANNING: A TEN-STEP GUIDE: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTAFRREGTOPTEIA/Resources/mosaica_10_steps.pdf
- 6.Ontario College AODA Procurement Toolkit, Olga Dosis (January 2014)Google Scholar