StarExec: A Cross-Community Infrastructure for Logic Solving
We introduce StarExec, a public web-based service built to facilitate the experimental evaluation of logic solvers, broadly understood as automated tools based on formal reasoning. Examples of such tools include theorem provers, SAT and SMT solvers, constraint solvers, model checkers, and software verifiers. The service, running on a compute cluster with 380 processors and 23 terabytes of disk space, is designed to provide a single piece of storage and computing infrastructure to logic solving communities and their members. It aims at reducing duplication of effort and resources as well as enabling individual researchers or groups with no access to comparable infrastructure. StarExec allows community organizers to store, manage and make available benchmark libraries; competition organizers to run logic solver competitions; and community members to do comparative evaluations of logic solvers on public or private benchmark problems.
KeywordsAutomate Reasoning Community Space Wall Clock Time Logic Solver Space Leader
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Barrett, C., Stump, A., Tinelli, C.: The Satisfiability Modulo Theories Library (SMT-LIB) (2010), http://www.SMT-LIB.org
- 3.Barrett, C., Stump, A., Tinelli, C.: The SMT-LIB Standard: Version 2.0. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Satisfiability Modulo Theories (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Biere, A., Claessen, K.: Hardware model checking competition. In: Hardware Verification Workshop (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Hoos, H., Stützle, T.: SATLIB: An Online Resource for Research on SAT. In: Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on the Satisfiability Problem (2001), http://www.satlib.org/
- 7.Le Berre, D., Simon, L. (eds.): Special Issue on the SAT 2005 Competitions and Evaluations, vol. 2. JSAT (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Nieuwenhuis, R.: Special Issue: The CADE ATP System Competition. AI Communications 15(2-3) (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Simon, L., Chatalic, P.: SatEx: A Web-based Framework for SAT Experimentation. In: Proceedings of SAT 2001. ENDM, vol. 9, pp. 129–149 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Stump, A., Deters, M.: SMT-Exec., http://www.smtexec.org