Paving the Path to Content-Centric and Device-Agnostic Web Design
Content-centric and device-agnostic design are crucial parts of modern web design. They are required to cater for the rapidly growing variety of different web-enabled devices and screen resolutions. We review satire site motherfuckingwebsite.com as a drastic example for realizing these aspects. Additional enhancements are proposed that pave the path to up-to-date minimalistic web design. A simple example application is described to illustrate the proposed approach.
KeywordsContent-centric Web Design Device-agnostic Web Design Responsive Web Design Web Interfaces
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Armstrong, C.: The Goldilocks Approach to Responsive Design, http://goldilocksapproach.com/article/
- 2.Lavie, T., Tractinsky, N.: Assessing dimensions of perceived visual aesthetics of websites. IJHCS 60(3) (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Nebeling, M., Matulic, F., Streit, L., Norrie, M.C.: Adaptive Layout Template for Effective Web Content Presentation in Large-Screen Contexts. In: Proc. DocEng. (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Nebeling, M., Norrie, M.C.: Responsive Design and Development: Methods, Technologies and Current Issues. In: Proc. ICWE (Tutorials) (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.OpenSignal: Android Fragmentation Visualized, http://opensignal.com/reports/fragmentation.php
- 6.Wroblewski, L.: Mobile First. A Book Apart (2011)Google Scholar