System Identification Using Genetic Algorithms
System identification is one of the necessary tasks in controller design and its adaptation. Many identification methods are known, and new ones are still being developed in order to find a better solution for huge scale of cases. In the paper identification of system of 2nd order systems using genetic algorithms is demonstrated. In presented case genetic algorithms are used for finding parameters of difference equation of the controlled system and it substitutes classic, conventional optimization methods. Proposed method can be used for continuous identification or it can be activated in defined time points on stored data. And on the other hand, presented task is also a case of a specific usage of genetic algorithms and it can serve as a proof of efficiency of this non-conventional optimization method (simulated in the Matlab&Simulink software environment).
KeywordsIdentification system genetic algorithms optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Goldberg, D., Sastry, K.: Genetic Algorithms. The design of Innovation. Springer, NY (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Levine, W.S.: The Control Handbook. Jaico Publishing House, Mumbai (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.El Attar, R.: Lecture Notes on Z-Transform. Lulu.com, USA (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Ajith, A., Solar, J.R., Koppen, M.: Soft Computing Systems Design, Management and Application. IOS Press, The Netherlands (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Nowaková, J., Pokorný, M.: On PID Controller Design Using Knowledge Based Fuzzy System. from Sampled Data. Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering 10(1), 18–27 (2012)Google Scholar