A Strength Pareto Approach and a Novel Formulation in the Reporting Cells Planning
This paper addresses the Reporting Cells scheme, a popular strategy to track the subscribers’ movement in mobile networks. As opposed to other authors, we propose a multiobjective approach to avoid the drawbacks associated with the linear aggregation of the objective functions. The optimization technique presented in this manuscript is our version of the Strength Pareto Evolutionary Algorithm 2. On the other hand, we provide a novel formulation to take into account aspects of the Reporting Cells scheme that were not contemplated in previously published works. By means of an experimental study, we demonstrate the goodness of our proposal.
KeywordsReporting Cells Planning Problem Mobile Location Management Multiobjective Optimization Strength Pareto Evolutionary Algorithm 2
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Mukherjee, A., Bandyopadhyay, S., Saha, D.: Location Management and Routing in Mobile Wireless Networks. Artech House mobile communications series. Artech House (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Nowoswiat, D., Milliken, G.: Managing LTE core network signaling traffic. Alcatel-Lucent, Techzine (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Almeida-Luz, S.M., Vega-Rodríguez, M.A., Gómez-Pulido, J.A., Sánchez-Pérez, J.M.: Applying differential evolution to the Reporting Cells problem. In: International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Technology, pp. 65–71 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Almeida-Luz, S.M., Vega-Rodríguez, M.A., Gómez-Pulido, J.A., Sánchez-Pérez, J.M.: Solving the Reporting Cells problem using a scatter search based algorithm. In: Szczuka, M., Kryszkiewicz, M., Ramanna, S., Jensen, R., Hu, Q. (eds.) RSCTC 2010. LNCS, vol. 6086, pp. 534–543. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Zitzler, E., Laumanns, M., Thiele, L.: SPEA2: Improving the strength pareto evolutionary algorithm for multiobjective optimization. In: Giannakoglou, K.C., Tsahalis, D.T., Périaux, J., Papailiou, K.D., Fogarty, T. (eds.) Evolutionary Methods for Design Optimization and Control with Applications to Industrial Problems, Athens, Greece, pp. 95–100. International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Coello, C.A.C., Lamont, G.B., Veldhuizen, D.A.V.: Evolutionary Algorithms for Solving Multi-Objective Problems (Genetic and Evolutionary Computation). Springer-Verlag New York, Inc., Secaucus (2006)Google Scholar