Public Media on the Web for Everyone – An Evaluation of the Norwegian Broadcasting Cooperation’s Website
Media plays a key role in ensuring freedom of expression which is an essential foundation for democracy. The emerging e-society poses pressing challenges for accessibility to public media on the Web. In this project we focus on The Norwegian Broadcasting Cooperation’s Website, NRK.no and study the possible accessibility issues and solutions using heuristic evaluation and focus group interviews with users.
KeywordsAccessibility universal design public media heuristic evaluation focus group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.European Convention on Human Rights. Article 10Google Scholar
- 2.LOV-2013-06-21-61, Barne-, Likestillings- og Inkluderingsdepartementet (in Norwegian)Google Scholar
- 3.FOR-2013-06-21-732, Kommunal- og moderniseringsdepartementet (in Norwegian)Google Scholar
- 4.NRK.no., http://nrk.no/ (last visited March 7, 2014)
- 5.ATAG 2.0 Part B, http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/ (last visited March 7, 2014)
- 6.Steinberg, E., Bowen, B., Duffy, T.: Plain Language: Principles and Practice. Wayne State University Press (1991)Google Scholar