Computer-Supported Training System for Clinical Engineer
It is required for a clinic engineer to have highly professional knowledge as well as skills for the operation of medical machines. Such knowledge and skills are normally difficult to master only by teaching and practicing at universities with limited time. Therefore, it is expected to have new training system supported by advanced computer system using the information and communication technology (ICT). In this study, a training system with ICT for clinical engineer was constructed. With the system, several problems in operating medical machines were made clear, and solutions and proposals for such problems were given with examples.
KeywordsInformation communication technology Computer training system Clinic engineer E-learning system Skill science Medical equipment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Japan Association for Clinical Engineers (2014), http://www.ja-ces.or.jp/ce/
- 2.Journal of Japan Association for Simulation-based Education in Healthcare Professionals, vol. 1 (2013), http://square.umin.ac.jp/model/
- 3.Japan e-learning, Education IT Solutions EXPO, http://www.edix-expo.jp/en/Home/
- 4.Watanabe, K., Kashihara, A.: A View of Learning Support Research Issues Based on ICT Genealogy. J. Educ. Technol. 34(3), 143–152 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Noh, Y., Segawa, M., Shimomura, A., Ishii, H., Solis, J., Hatake, K., Takanishi, A.: Development of the Evaluation System for the Airway Management Training System WKA- -1R. In: Proceedings of the Second IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Bio Mechatronics (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Sueda, T.: Development of a Training Simulator for Extracorporeal Circulation with a Heart-Lung Machine, Hiroshima University (2010), http://hutdb.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/seeds/view/3/en
- 7.Kanehira, R., et al.: Development of an Acupuncture Training System using Virtual Reality Technology. In: Proceedings of 5th FSKD, pp. 665–668. IEEE Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, L.Y., et al.: Basic experiment for analysis of acupuncture technique. In: Proceedings of 6th EUROSIM, pp. 1–6 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Kanehira, R., Yang, W.P., Narita, H., Fujimoto, H.: Acupuncture Education System with Technique-oriented Training. In: Proceedings of FSKD 2011, pp. 2524–2528. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Kanehira, R., Narita, H., Kawaguchi, K., Hori, H., Fujimoto, H.: A training system for operating medical equipment. In: Information Technology in Medicine and Education. LNEE, vol. 269, pp. 2259–2265. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar