The Implementation of OBD-II Vehicle Diagnosis System Integrated with Cloud Computation Technology
This paper implemented a cloud computation based second generation on-board diagnostic (OBD-II) system. The proposed system is integrated with OBD-II, 3.5G wireless network, and cloud computing technologies. It can perform real-time vehicle status surveillance. The monitored features cover engine rpm, vehicle speed, coolant temperature, fault codes, and other vehicle dynamics information. The vehicle information will be transmitted to the cloud computing server via 3.5G wireless network for fault analysis. Once cloud computing server detects fault conditions, the proposed system could classify the fault conditions depended on vehicle type and its model year. Then the cloud computing server will report the fault code analysis results to the user and provide the description about repair procedure. The proposed system will greatly shorten the time to detect vehicle trouble condition. The system presented in this thesis has a very high value in the applications of vehicle maintenance and fleet management.
KeywordsOn board diagnostics (OBD) cloud computing vehicle repair information android system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jie, H., Fuwu, Y., Jing, T., Pan, W., Kai, C.: Developing PC-Based Automobile Diagnostic System Based on OBD System. In: 2010 Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC), pp. 1–5 (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Diagnostic Trouble Code Definitions Equivalent to ISO/DIS 15031-6, SAE Standard J2012 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.E/E Diagnostic Test Modes — Equivalent to ISO/DIS 15031-5, SAE Standard J1979 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Diagnostic Connector Equivalent to ISO/DIS 15031-3, SAE Standard J1962 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Diagnostic Trouble Code Definitions Equivalent to ISO/DIS 15031-6, SAE Standard J2012 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.E/E Diagnostic Test Modes — Equivalent to ISO/DIS 15031-5, SAE Standard J1979 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Lin, C.E., Li, C.C., Yang, S.H., Lin, S.H., Lin, C.Y.: Development of On-Line Diagnostics and Real Time Early Warning System for Vehicles. In: Proc. IEEE Sensors for Industry Conference, pp. 45–51 (February 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.NMEA data, http://gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm
- 10.Holma, H., Toskala, A.: HSDPA/HSUPA for UMTS - High Speed Radio Access for Mobile Communications. Wiley, John & Sons Ltd. (2006)Google Scholar