Towards Time-Bound Hierarchical Key Management in Cloud Computing
Nowadays, data outsourcing in the cloud is used widely and popularly by people. It also arises several security problems. To control access of outsourced data with different priority becomes an important research issue. Recently, Chen et al. proposed the first hierarchical access control scheme in cloud computing. However, they did not concern with the time-bound property. In some applications such as Pay-TV, the time-bound property is necessary because subscriber may subscribe some channels during one month. In this paper, we propose the first time-bound hierarchical key management scheme in cloud computing without tamper-resistant devices. The security analysis demonstrates that the proposed scheme is provably secure against outsider and insider attacks.
KeywordsTime-bound hierarchical key management cloud computing bilinear pairing security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Jung, T., Li, X.Y., Wan, Z., Wan, M.: Privacy preserving cloud data access with multi-authorities. In: IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 2625–2633. IEEE Press, New York (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Atallah, M.J., Blanton, M., Fazio, N., Frikken, K.B.: Dynamic and efficient key management for access hierarchies. In: 12th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 190–201. ACM Press, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Kayem, A.V.D.M., Martin, P., Akl, S.G.: Heuristics for improving cryptographic key assignment in a hierarchy. In: 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, pp. 531–536. IEEE Press, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Yeh, J.H.: An RSA-based time-bound hierarchical key assignment scheme for electronic article subscription. In: 14th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, pp. 285–286. ACM Press, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Ateniese, G., Santis, A.D., Ferrara, A.L., Masucci, B.: Provably-secure time-bound hierarchical key assignment schemes. In: 13th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 288–297. ACM Press, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Sui, Y., Maino, F., Guo, Y., Wang, K., Zou, X.: An efficient time-bound access control scheme for dynamic access hierarchy. In: 5th International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks, pp. 279–286. IEEE Press, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 24.Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf