Network Performance QoS Prediction
This paper deals with QoS prediction of triple play services in IP networks. Based on our proposed model, speech or video quality can be calculated with regard to policies applied for packet processing by routers and to the level of total network utilization. This new simulating model was implemented in SW tool which enables networkers to predict objective QoS parameters of triple play services and to help them in network design. The contribution of this paper lies in designing a new model capable of predicting the quality of Triple-play services in networks based on IP.
KeywordsDelay E-Model Network Performance Monitoring Packet Loss PSNR QoS SSIM Triple Play
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Voznak, M.: E-model modification for case of cascade codecs arrangement. International Journal of Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences 5(8), 1439–1447 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Cole, R.G., Rosenbluth, J.H.: Voice over IP performance monitoring. In: ACMSIGCOMM Computer Communication, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Managing Voice Quality with Cisco Voice Manager (CVM) and Telemate, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800946f8.shtml
- 4.ITU-T G.107, The E-model, a computational model for use in transmission planning, ITU-T Recommendation G.107, ITU-T Geneva (2010) Google Scholar
- 5.Frnda, J., Voznak, M., Rozhon, J., Mehic, M.: Prediction Model of QoS for Triple Play Services. In: 21st Telecommunications Forum TELFOR 2013 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Kovac, A., Halas, M.: E-model mos estimate precision improvement and modelling of jitter effects. Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering 10(4), 276–281 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Changhoon, Y., Bovik, A.C.: Evalution of temporal variation of video quality in packet loss networks. In: Signal Processing: Image Communication, vol. 2011, pp. 34–38 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Feamster, N., Balakrishnan, H.: Packet Loss Recovery for Streaming Video. In: 12th International Packet Video Workshop, Pittsburgh, PA (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Molnar, K., Vrba, V.: DiffServ-based user-manageable quality of service control system. In: 7th International Conference on Networking, ICN 2008, Cancun, Mexico, Article number 4498208, pp. 485–490 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, Z., Simoncelli, E.P., Bovik, A.C.: Multi-scale structural similarity for image quality assessment. In: Proc. 37th IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.ITU-T G.113, Transmission impairments due to speech processing, ITU-T Recommendation G.113, ITU-T Geneva, Switzerland (2001)Google Scholar