Compact Bat Algorithm
Addressing to the computational requirements of the hardware devices with limited resources such as memory size or low price is critical issues. This paper, a novel algorithm, namely compact Bat Algorithm (cBA), for solving the numerical optimization problems is proposed based on the framework of the original Bat algorithm (oBA). A probabilistic representation random of the Bat’s behavior is inspired to employ for this proposed algorithm, in which the replaced population with the probability vector updated based on single competition. These lead to the entire algorithm functioning applying a modest memory usage. The simulations compare both algorithms in terms of solution quality, speed and saving memory. The results show that cBA can solve the optimization despite a modest memory usage as good performance as oBA displays with its complex population-based algorithm. It is used the same as what is needed for storing space with six solutions.
KeywordsBat algorithm compact Bat algorithm Optimizations Swarm intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wang, S., Yang, B., Niu, X.: A Secure Steganography Method based on Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 1(1), 8 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Jui-Fang, C., Shu-Wei, H.: The Construction of Stock’s Portfolios by Using Particle Swarm Optimization, pp. 390–390Google Scholar
- 7.Chouinard, J.-Y., Loukhaoukha, K., Taieb, M.H.: Optimal Image Watermarking Algorithm Based on LWT-SVD via Multi-objective Ant Colony Optimization. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 2(4), 303–319 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Chu, S.-C., Tsai, P.W.: Computational Intelligence Based on the Behavior of Cats. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 3(1), 8 (2006)Google Scholar
- 21.Pearson, K.: The Problem of the Random Walk. Nature, 72 (1905)Google Scholar
- 23.Billingsley, P.: Probability and Measure. John Wiley and Sons (1979)Google Scholar