Hybrid Bat Algorithm with Artificial Bee Colony
In this paper, a hybrid between Bat algorithm (BA) and Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) with a communication strategy is proposed for solving numerical optimization problems. The several worst individual of Bats in BA will be replaced with the better artificial agents in ABC algorithm after running every Ri iterations, and on the contrary, the poorer agents of ABC will be replacing with the better individual of BA. The proposed communication strategy provides the information flow for the bats to communicate in Bat algorithm with the agents in ABC algorithm. Four benchmark functions are used to test the behavior of convergence, the accuracy, and the speed of the proposed method. The results show that the proposed increases the convergence and accuracy more than original BA is up to 78% and original ABC is at 11% on finding the near best solution improvement.
KeywordsHybrid Bat Algorithm with Artificial Bee Colony Bat Algorithm Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm Optimizations Swarm Intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wang, S., Yang, B., Niu, X.: A Secure Steganography Method based on Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 1, 8 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Hsu, C.-H., Shyr, W.-J., Kuo, K.-H.: Optimizing Multiple Interference Cancellations of Linear Phase Array Based on Particle Swarm Optimization. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (4), 292–300 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Jui-Fang, C., Shu-Wei, H.: The Construction of Stock’s Portfolios by Using Particle Swarm Optimization, p. 390 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Khaled Loukhaoukha, J.-Y.C., Taieb, M.H.: Optimal Image Watermarking Algorithm Based on LWT-SVD via Multi-objective Ant Colony Optimization. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 2(4), 303–319 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Chu, S.-C., Tsai, P.-W.: Computational Intelligence Based on the Behavior of Cats. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 3(1), 8 (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Chang, J.F., Chu, S.C., Roddick, J.F., Pan, J.S.: A parallel particle swarm optimization algorithm with communication strategies. Journal of Information Science and Engineering 21(4), 9 (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Pei-Wei, T., Jeng-Shyang, P., Shyi-Ming, C., Bin-Yih, L., Szu-Ping, H.: Parallel Cat Swarm Optimization, pp. 3328–3333 (2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Whitley, D., Rana, S., Heckendorn, R.B.: The Island Model Genetic Algorithm: On Separability, Population Size and Convergence. Journal of Computing and Information Technology 1305/1997, 6 (1998)Google Scholar
- 18.Abramson, D., Abela, J.: A Parallel Genetic Algorithm for Solving the School Timetabling Problem. Division of Information Technology, pp. 1–11 (1991)Google Scholar
- 20.Karaboga, D.: An Idea based on Honey Bee Swarm for Numerical Optimization. Technical Report-TR06, Erciyes University, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department (2005)Google Scholar