A Synchronization-Free Cooperative Transmission Protocol to Avoid Energy-Hole Problem for Underwater Acoustic Networks
Underwater acoustic sensor network with terrestrial wireless sensor network characteristics distinct, underwater acoustic sensor network uses sound waves to be transmitted, resulting in underwater network with high propagation delay characteristics, if applied directly to land-based routing mechanism water network, will give rise to a number of problems. Therefore, this paper designed for underwater network environment routing protocols, thereby reducing the underwater acoustic sensor network to send packets to the end-to-end delay and for collaborative work on underwater acoustic transmission sensor network, encountered the challenges of high propagation delay characteristics discussed. This paper presents the work last sleep period, coordinated and collaborative collection of neighbor information transfer protocol. Through simulation, this paper found that the proposed routing protocol SCTP, the delay in the point to point, network transmission performance and power consumption of a significant improvement in performance.
Keywordscooperative transmission routing energy hole underwater sensor networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Liu, P., Zhang, X., Tian, S., Zhao, Z., Sun, P.: A Novel Virtual Anchor Node-Based Localization Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Networking, p. 9 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Fucai, Y., Younghwan, C., Sang-Ha, K., Euisin, L.: Anchor Node Based Sink Location Dissemination Scheme for Geographic Routing. In: Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC 2008, pp. 2451–2455 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Fucai, Y., Younghwan, C., Soochang, P., Euisin, L., Ye, T., Minsuk, J., Sang-Ha, K.: Anchor Node Based Virtual Modeling of Holes in Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2008, pp. 3120–3124 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Shankarananda, B.M., Saxena, A.: Energy efficient localized routing algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology, ICECT 2011, pp. 72–75 (April 2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Intanagonwiwat, C., Govindan, R., Estrin, D.: Directed diffusion: a scalable and robust communication paradigm for sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, Boston, Massachusetts, United States, pp. 56–67 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Dressler, F., Awad, A., Gerla, M.: Inter-Domain Routing and Data Replication in Virtual Coordinate Based Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2010, pp. 1–5 (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Yaling, T., Yongbing, Z.: Hierarchical flow balancing protocol for data aggregation in wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of Computing, Communications and Applications Conference 2012, January 11-13, pp. 7–12 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Kuo, T.-W., Tsai, M.-J.: On the construction of data aggregation tree with minimum energy cost in wireless sensor networks: NP-completeness and approximation algorithms. In: Proceedings of 31st Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications, INFOCOM 2012, pp. 2591–2595 (March 2012)Google Scholar