The Complexity Analysis of Chaotic Systems
The complexity of the sequence is an important index of quantify the performance of chaotic sequence. In order to select a higher complexity of chaotic sequence and apply it in hardware encryption system, this paper analyzes chaotic complexity quantitative analysis methods and presents the approximate entropy and permutation entropy as criterion of measuring the complexity of the chaotic sequences. Set tent, logistic and henon three kinds of chaotic systems as examples, and we analysis and comparison their complexity. It is proved that the two kinds algorithms are effective, and can distinguish different complex chaos and chaotic sequences. Researches show that the complexity of the Logistic map is greater than that of other chaotic systems. The results of the study provide the theoretical and experimental basis for the application of chaotic sequence in hardware encryption system and the information security communication.
Keywordschaos complexity approximate entropy permutation entropy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang, L.L., Yin, Q.T.: A Chaos Synchronization Secure Communication system Based on Output Control. Electronics & Information Technology 31, 2402–2405 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Kolmogrov, A.N.: Three Approaches to the Quantitative Definition of Information. Problem in Information Transmission 1, 1–7 (1965)Google Scholar
- 6.Bandt, C., Pompe, B.: Permulation Entropy a Natural Complexity Measure for Time Series. Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 174102-1–174102-4 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Xiao, F.H., Yan, G.R., Han, Y.H.: A Symbolic Dynamics Approach for the Complexity Analysis of Chaotic Pseudorandom Sequences. Acta Physica Sinica 53, 2877–2880 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, X.J., Li, Z., Bai, B.M.: A New Complexity Metric of Chaotic Pseudorandom Sequences Based on Fuzzy Entropy. Electronics & Information Technology 147, 195–197 (1981)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhao, G., Fang, J.Q.: Modern Information Safety and Advances In Application Research of Chaos-Based Security Communication. Progress In Physics 23, 212–252 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, Y.X., Weng, Y.F.: Study on the Complexity Analysis Methodology and Application to Logisitic Map. Beijing Technology and Business University 24, 38–41 (2006)Google Scholar