Robust Medical Image Watermarking Scheme with Rotation Correction
In order to protect the image contents, many reversible medical image watermarking schemes have been proposed, although reversibility guaranteed the lossless of the cover image, but it also has some shortcomings such as it is vulnerable to geometrical attacks. So a novel robust watermarking scheme for medical image based on the combination Redundancy Discrete Wavelet Transform (RDWT) and Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) is proposed in this letter. Different from the reversibility, which guarantees the perceptional lossless, the proposed scheme achieves satisfied visual quality by exploiting the visually masking property of RDWT, in the meantime, Speeded-Up Robust Features (SURF) and Random sample consensus (RANSAC) based rotation correction scheme is put forward, which can be used to restore the attacked image to the original state. The experimental results show that the proposed scheme has the large amounts of embedding capacity; it is also robust against rotation attacks; and the perceptional quality of watermarked image meets the need of usage in medical images.
KeywordsMedical image watermarking robust rotation correction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rabbani, M., Joshi, R.: An overview of the JPEG 2000 still image compression standard. Signal Processing:Image Communication 17, 3–48 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Rosslyn, S.: Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 5: Data Structures and Encoding (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Weng, S., Pan, J.-S., Gao, X.: Reversible Watermark Combining Pre-processing Operation and Histogram Shifting. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 3(4), 320–326 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Lin, S.-L., Huang, C.-F., Liou, M.-H., Chen, C.-Y.: Improving Histogram-based Reversible Information Hiding by an Optimal Weight-based Prediction Scheme. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 4(1), 19–33 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Horng, G., Huang, Y.-H., Chang, C.-C., Liu, Y.: (k, n)-Image Reversible Data Hiding. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing 5(2), 152–164 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Na, W., Yamaguchi, K., Cedillo-Hernandez, M., Miyatake, M.N., Perez-Meana, H.: Robust Image Watermarking Using Feature Points and Image Normalization. In: 2010 IEEE Electronics, Robotics and Automotive Mechanics Conference, pp. 313–318 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, Q., Yuan, C.: Adaptive DWT-SVD domain image watermarking using human visual model. The Communication Technology, 1947–1951 (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.Lagzian, S., Soryani, M., Fathy, M.: Robust watermarking scheme based on RDWT-SVD: Embedding data in all subbands. In: 2011 International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing (AISP), pp. 48–52 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Fischler, M., Bolles, R.: Random sample consensus: a paradigm for model fitting with applications to image analysis and automated cartography. Communications of the ACM 24 (1981)Google Scholar