The Pedagogical Evaluation of TERENCE: Preliminary Results for Hearing Learners in Italy
TERENCE is a European FP7 ICT multidisciplinary project that is developing an Adaptive Learning System (ALS) for supporting poor comprehenders and their educators. The paper reports on the evaluation of the pedagogical effectiveness of TERENCE, i.e., its ability of increasing reading comprehension. The evaluation, for hearing children, in Italy, showed the efficiency of TERENCE in the improvement of comprehension ability, by means of silent reading associated with smart games in scholar age.
KeywordsTEL evaluation reading comprehension statistical analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stata 12 MP, http://www.stata.com
- 2.TERENCE Project, http://www.terenceproject.eu
- 3.Cain, K., Oakhill, J.V.: Children’s Comprehension Problems in Oral and Written Language: A Cognitive Perspective. Guildford Press (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Cornoldi, C., Colpo, G.: MT prove di lettura. Giunti Editore (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Riffenburgh, R.H.: Statistics in Medicine, 3rd edn. Academic Press (2012)Google Scholar