Towards a Model-Based Framework for Integrating Usability Evaluation Techniques in Agile Software Model
Various new agile software models were offered though agile manifesto as a counteraction to conventional and extensive software techniques and process design. SE followed a systematic approach of development. Whereas integrating usability in software development improved the ability of software product to be used, learned and be attractive to the users. Research showed the benefit of usability; yet, to this day agile software model continues to exhibit less importance of this quality attribute. Moreover, poor usability and inefficient design were the common reasons in software product failure. The aim of this paper was to develop a model to integrate usability evaluation methods into agile software model. This was done by proposing a unique model and evaluate the proposed model by using IEEE Std 12207-2008, ISO 9241:210.
KeywordsSoftware Development Usability Evaluation Agile Model Software Models Usability Engineering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kikuno: Why do software projects fail? Reasons and a solution using a Bayesian classifier to predict potential risk. In: 11th IEEE Pacific Rim International Symposium (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Masood Butt, S., Ahmad, W.F.W.: Handling requirements using FlexREQ model. In: 2012 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science (ICSESS), pp. 661–664. IEEE (June 2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Butt, S.M., Ahmad, W.F.W.: Analysis and Evaluation of Cognitive Behavior in Software Interfaces using an Expert System. International Journal 5 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Butt, S.M., Ahmad, W.F.W., Fatimah, W.: An Overview of Software Models with Regard to the Users Involvement. International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI) 9(3(1)), 107–112 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Koskela, A.: Software configuration management in agile methods. ESPOO, p. I-54. VTT publication 514 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, J.C., McCrickard, D.S.: Towards extreme (ly) usable software: Exploring tensions between usability and agile software development. In: Agile Conference (AGILE), pp. 59–71. IEEE (August 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Kane, D.: Finding a Place for discount usability engineering in agile development: Throwing down the gauntlet. In: Proc. Agile Development Conference (ADC 2003), p. AO-46. IEEE Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Fox, D., Sillito, J., Maurer, F.: Agile methods and user-centered design: How These Two methodologies are being successfully integrated in industry. In: Proc. AGILE 2008 Conference (Agile 2008), pp. 63–72. IEEE Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Sohaib, O., Khan, K.: Integrating usability engineering and agile software development: A literature review. In: 2010 International Conference on Computer Design and Applications (ICCDA), vol. 2, p. V2-32. IEEE (June 2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Najafi, M., Toyoshiba, L.: Two case studies of user experience design and agile development. In: Proc. AGILE 2008 Conference (Agile 2008), pp. 2167–2177. IEEE Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Sharp, H., Robinson, H., Segal, J.: Integrating user centered design and software engineering: a role for extreme programming, http://www.ics.heacademy.ac.Uk/events/presentationsl376_hcie (accessed: December 2013)
- 14.Memmel, T.: Agile human-centered software engineering. In: Proc. HCI 2007, pp. 167–175. British Computer Society Press (2007)Google Scholar