Fuzzy Random Regression to Improve Coefficient Determination in Fuzzy Random Environment
Determining the coefficient value is important to measure relationship in algebraic expression and to build a mathematical model though it is complex and troublesome. Additionally, providing precise value for the coefficient is difficult when it deals with fuzzy information and the existence of random information increase the complexity of deciding the coefficient. Hence, this paper proposes a fuzzy random regression method to estimate the coefficient values for which statistical data contains simultaneous fuzzy random information. A numerical example illustrates the proposed solution approach whereby coefficient values are successfully deduced from the statistical data and the fuzziness and randomness were treated based on the property of fuzzy random regression. The implementation of the fuzzy random regression method shows the significant capabilities to estimate the coefficient value to further improve the model setting of production planning problem which retain simultaneous uncertainties.
KeywordsCoefficient fuzzy random variable fuzzy random regression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Foster, I., Kesselman, C.: The Grid: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J., Tuecke, S.: The Physiology of the Grid: an Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems Integration. Technical report, Global Grid Forum (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.National Center for Biotechnology Information, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, Montgomery, D.C., Peck, E.A., Vining, G.G.: Introduction to linear regression analysis, vol. 821. Wiley (2012)
- 7.Griffiths, T.L., Tenenbaum, J.B.: Predicting the future as Bayesian inference: People combine priorknowledge with observations when estimating duration and extent 140(4), 725–743 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Cave, W.C.: Prediction Theory for Control System (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Watada, J.: Building models based on environment with hybrid uncertainty. In: 2011 4th International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Applied Optimization (ICMSAO), pp. 1–10. IEEE (April 2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Nureize, A., Watada, J.: Multi-level multi-objective decision problem through fuzzy random regression based objective function. In: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ), pp. 557–563. IEEE (June 2011)Google Scholar
- 15.Kwakernaak: Fuzzy random variables—I. Definitions and Theorems. Information Sciences 15(1), 1–29 (1978)Google Scholar
- 16.Market Watch 2012. The Rubber Sector in Malaysia, http://www.malaysia.ahk.de (retrieved October 22, 2013)
- 17.Malaysian Investment Development Authority. Rubber-based industry, http://www.mida.gov.my (retrieved on October 10, 2013)
- 18.Malaysian Rubber Export Promotion Council, http://www.mrepc.gov.my (retrieved on October 10, 2013)
- 19.Malaysian Rubber Board.Natural Rubber Statistic, http://www.lgm.gov.my (retrieved September 1, 2013)