Two-Elements Crescent Shaped Printed Antenna for Wireless Applications
This study presents an investigation of the mutual coupling between two printed elements antenna for a multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) antenna performance. It consists of two crescent shaped radiators placed symmetrically, and a neutralization line is applied to improve the mutual coupling. Theoretical and experimental characteristics are presented and compared. The antenna yields an achieved impedance bandwidth of 18.67 % (over 2.04–2.46 GHz) with a reflection coefficient <−10 dB and mutual coupling minimization of <−20 dB in addition to a reasonable and stable radiation pattern and envelope correlation.
KeywordsMultiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) Neutralization line Mutual coupling
The authors of this paper wish to acknowledge the funding of this project by Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia under short term grant Vot 0992.
- 4.See, C., Abd‐Alhameed, R., McEwan, N., Jones, S., Asif, R., Excell, P.: Design of a printed MIMO/diversity monopole antenna for future generation handheld devices. Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Aided Eng. 24, 348–359 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, L., Cheung, S., Yuk, T., Wu, D.: A compact ultrawideband MIMO antenna. In: 2013 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), pp. 2108–2111 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, Y., Du, Z.: A wideband printed dual-antenna system with a novel neutralization line for mobile terminals. IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett. 12, 1428–1431 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Prasanna, K.M., Behera, S.: A hexagonal MIMO antenna system with defected ground structure to enhance bandwidth and isolation (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, Y.-T., Chu, Q.-X., Yao, S.-J.: A dual-band printed slot diversity antenna for wireless communication terminals. In: 2013 IEEE International Wireless Symposium (IWS), pp. 1–3 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Xiong, L., Gao, P.: Compact dual-band printed diversity antenna for Wimax/WLAN applications. Prog. Electromagn. Res. C 32, 151–165 (2012)Google Scholar