Implementation of Agent-Based Games Recommendation System on Mobile Platforms
Because of Google Play and App Store, today numerous different games are offered to every smartphone user. This diversity in supply is undoubtedly a good thing, but it also virtually disables users to find games they would like to play. However, it was shown that users tend to spend more money on purchasing recommended games when these recommendations are done using personal recommenders. In this paper we present an agent-based recommender for mobile platforms in which recommendations are made taking into account user game experience. Inputs for our recommender, which are collected both inside and outside the games, are stored in a semantic database. Based on collected information, user and game profiles are made that are then used in our recommendation algorithm. The focus of the paper is on how to do the implementation of the proposed system in real-world environments and obtain all the necessary data and how to make recommendations based on generated user and game profiles.
KeywordsGoogle Play App Store mobile games user experience user profiles semantic database MARS recommender system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pripuzic, K., Zarko, I., Podobnik, V., Lovrek, I., Cavka, M., Petkovic, I., Stulic, P., Gojceta, M.: Building an IPTV VoD Recommender System: An Experience Report. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Telecommunications, pp. 155–162 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Skocir, P., Jezic, G.: A Multi-Agent System for Games Trading on B2B Market Based on Users Skills and Preferences. In: Advanced Methods and Technologies for Agent and Multi-Agent Systems, pp. 303–312 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Oh, J., Kim, D., Lee, U., Lee, J.G., Song, J.: Facilitating Developer-user Interactions with Mobile App Review Digests. In: Proceedings of Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 1809–1814 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Medler, B.: Using Recommendation Systems to Adapt Gameplay. In: Discoveries in Gaming and Computer-Mediated Simulations: New Interdisciplinary Applications, pp. 64–77 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Roh, J.H., Jin, S.: Personalized Advertisement Recommendation System Based on User Profile in the Smart Phone. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, pp. 1300–1303 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Jannach, D., Hegelich, K.: A Case Study on the Effectiveness of Recommendations in the Mobile Internet. In: Proceedings of the Third ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, pp. 205–208 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Costa-Montenegro, E., Barragans-Martinez, A., Rey-Lopez, M., Mikic-Fonte, F., Peleteiro-Ramallo, A.: Which App? A recommender System of Applications in Markets by Monitoring Users’ Interaction. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Consumer Electronics, pp. 353–354 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Sorensen, D.R.: Recommending Games on Twitter. Master’s thesis, The Royal School of Library and Information Science, Copenhagen, Denmark (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Shin, C., Hong, J.H., Dey, A.K.: Understanding and Prediction of Mobile Application Usage for Smart Phones. In: Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 173–182 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Böhmer, M., Hecht, B., Schöning, J., Krüger, A., Bauer, G.: Falling Asleep with Angry Birds, Facebook and Kindle: A Large Scale Study on Mobile Application Usage. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services, pp. 47–56 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Yang, H.T., Chen, D.Y., Hong, Y.X., Chen, K.T.: Mobile Game Recommendation Using Touch Gestures. In: Proceedings of NetGames, pp. 1–6 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Gregory, J.: Game Engine Architecture. Taylor & Francis (2009)Google Scholar