A Mobile Application for Controlling Domestic Gas Cylinders Remotely
The domestic gas cylinders or cooking gas are considered as the source of energy commonly used at homes but, the potential for a serious accident such as gas leak from organizations or flow valves if the gas cylinder or its attachments are not treated properly or simply if the user forgot to close the gas before leaving home. The current project aims to develop a mobile application in order to control the gas cylinder remotely by mobile application in an effective way. The system consists of two parts. A specially designed controller connected to the gas cylinder organizer and an android mobile application to control the cylinder remotely through it. The main functions of this application are, controlling one or more domestic gas cylinder remotely, sending an audio alarm to the user if he leave while the gas cylinder opened and close it, providing an alarm if there is a gas leakage and close it and finally if the system fail to close it due to any reason it call the civil defense.
KeywordsIntelligent home gas remote control GSM PIC controller Android application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ahmad, A.W., Jan, N., Iqbal, S., Lee, C.: Implementation of ZigBee-GSM based Home Security Monitoring and Remote. In: Proc. 2011 IEEE 54th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), Seoul, pp. 1–4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Begum, T., Hossain, M.S., Uddin, M.B., Chowdhury, M.S.H.: Design and development of activation and monitoring of home automation system via SMS through microcontroller. In: Proc. 2009 4th International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication (CODEC 2009), Kolkata, pp. 1–3 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhai, Y., Cheng, X.: Design of smart home remote monitoring system based on embedded system. In: Proc. 2011 2nd International Conference on Computing, Control and Industrial Engineering (CCIE), Wuhan, pp. 41–44 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Teymourzadeh, R., Ahmed, S.A., Chan, K.W., Hoong, M.V.: Smart GSM Based Home Automation System. In: 2013 IEEE Conference on Systems, Process & Control (ICSPC 2013), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 13-15 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Gu, G., Peng, G.: The survey of GSM wireless communication system. In: Proc. 2010 International Conference on Computer and Information Application (ICCIA), Tianjin, pp. 121–124 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Mingming, G., Shaoliangshan, Huixiaowei, Sunqingwei: The System of Wireless Smart House Based on GSM and ZigBee. In: Proc. 2010 International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA), Changsha, pp. 1017–1020 (2010)Google Scholar