Pilgrim Smart Identification Using RFID Technology (PSI)
Yearly, from all around the world, different nations millions of pilgrims gather for Hajj season in holy Makkah to perform Hajj rituals, so Saudi government and Hajj institutions facing a big challenge and a lot of problems summarized in losing the official identification documents, language barrier in communicating with the authority especially in emergency cases (need guidance when missing directions, and medical problems) and determining the identity of dead pilgrims.
The aim of Pilgrim’s Smart Identification (PSI) system is to improve the current identification method by using RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology.
KeywordsRFID Technology Hajj Hajj Campaign Smart Identification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mufdila, M.: Loss of pilgrims to the absence of a uniform system of addresses for cities and neigbohoods. Okaz 3351 (2010), http://www.okaz.com.sa/new/Issues/20100820/Con20100820368420.htm
- 2.Fakihi, H.: Scouts go beyond the language barrier and guide the pilgrims with different languages. AlSharq Al-Awsat 11325 (2009), http://www.aawsat.com/details.asp?section=4&article=546499&issueno=11325
- 3.RFID: An Introduction (2006), http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479355.aspx
- 4.Mohandes, M., Turcu, C.: A Case Study of an RFID-based System for Pilgrims Identification and Tracking in Sustainable Radio Frequency Identification Solutions, pp. 87–104. InTech, Dahran (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Dhanalakshmi, M., Uppala, M.: RFID Based Library Management SystemGoogle Scholar