Statistical Assessment of Retrieved Images and Videos Using the INACT Tool
The INACT tool is designed to be used by police forces in cases of prosecution for the production, distribution, and possession of child pornography (CP). The INACT tool is being developed under the INDECT research project. We performed a statistical assessment of results in order to determine success and performance in the process of searching. We focused on the size of the confidence interval, which is based on the values of first hit times. The aim of the experiments was to confirm that the INACT application is functional and performs well enough to be used by police forces in searching for CP. The paper also describes progress in the development of the INACT application with respect to the indexing and searching of movies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Grega, M., Bryk, D., Napora, M.: INACT – INDECT advanced image cataloguing tool. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 1–16 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Grega, M., Bryk, D., Napora, M., Gusta, M.: INACT — INDECT advanced image cataloguing tool. In: Dziech, A., Czyżewski, A. (eds.) MCSS 2011. CCIS, vol. 149, pp. 28–36. Springer, Heidelberg (2011), http://www.springerlink.com/index/JH87416833611825.pdf CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Michalek, L., Grega, M., Bryk, D., Grabowski, B.: Performance evaluation of INACT – INDECT advanced image cataloguing tool. Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering 10(4), 308–311 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Boer, D.V.: Ffmpegthumbnailer – lightweight video thumbnailer that can be used by file managers, http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegthumbnailer/
- 6.Mendenhall, W., Beaver, R., Beaver, B.: Introduction to probability and statistics. Duxbury Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Grinstead, C.M., Snell, J.L.: Introduction to Probability. American Mathematical Society (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Harmon, M.: Confidence Intervals in Excel – The Excel Statistical Master. Excel Master Series (2011)Google Scholar