Fuzzy Classification Method for Knife Detection Problem
In this paper we propose a new approach for pattern recognition problems with non-uniform classes of images. The main idea of this classification method is to describe classes of images with their fuzzy portraits. This approach provides good generalizing ability of algorithm. The fuzzy set is calculated as a preliminary result of algorithm before crisp decision or rejecting that allows to solve a problem of uncertainly at the boundaries of classes. We use the method to solve the problem of knife detection in still images. The main idea of this study is to test fuzzy classification with features vectors in real environment. As a feature vectors we decided to use selected MPEG-7 descriptors schemes. The described method was experimentally validated on dataset with over 12 thousands images. The article contains results of five experiments which confirm good accuracy of the proposed method.
Keywordspattern recognition fuzzy classifier fuzzy inference data analysis knife detection feature descriptor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Żywicki, M., Matiolański, A., Orzechowski, T.M., Dziech, A.: Knife detection as a subset of object detection approach based on Haar cascades. In: Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Information Processing, Minsk, Belarus, pp. 139–142 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Glowacz, A., Kmieć, M., Dziech, A.: Visual Detection of Knives in Security Applications using Active Appearance Models. Multimedia Tools and Applications (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Konor, A.: Computational Intelligence: Principles, Techniques and Applications. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Kuncheva, L.I.: Fuzzy Classifier Design. Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Ishibuchi, H., Nakashima, T., Nii, M.: Classification and Modeling with Linguistic Information Granules. Springer (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Bezdek, J.C., Keller, J., Krisnapuram, R., Pal, R.: Fuzzy Models and Algorithms for Pattern Recognition and Image Processing. Springer, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Baran, R., Glowacz, A., Matiolanski, A.: The efficient real- and non-real-time make and model recognition of cars. Multimedia Tools and Applications (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Yu, M.A., Kozlovskii, V.A.: Algorithm of Pattern Recognition with intra-class clustering. In: Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Processing, Minsk, pp. 54–57 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Maksimova, A.: Decision Making Method for Classifying Models Based on Intra-class Clustering on FCM-algorithm. Artificial Intelligent J. 3(61), 171–178 (2013) (in Russian) Google Scholar