A Novel Method for Predictive Aggregate Queries over Data Streams in Road Networks Based on STES Methods
Effective real-time traffic flow prediction can improve the status of traffic congestion. A lot of traffic flow predictive methods focus on vehicles’ specific information (such as vehicles id, position, speed, etc.). This paper proposes a novel method for predictive aggregate queries over data streams in road networks based on STES methods. The novel method obtains approximate aggregate queries results by less storage space and time consuming. Experiments show that it can better do aggregate prediction compared with the ES methods based on DynSketch, as well as SAES method based on DS.
Keywordsroad networks data streams STES methods predictive aggregate queries
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ma, Y., Rao, J., Hu, W., Meng, X., Han, X., Zhang, Y., Chai, Y., Liu, C.: An efficient index for massive IOT data in cloud environment. In: Proceedings of the 21st ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2012), pp. 2129–2133 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Han, C., Song, S., Wang, C.: A Real-time Short-term Traffic Flow Adaptive Forecasting Method Based on ARIMA Model. Acta Simulata Systematica Sinica 16, 146–151 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Ben, M., Cascetta, E., Gunn, H., Whittaker, J.: Recent Progress in Short-Range Traffic Prediction. Compendium of Technical Papers. In: 63rd Annual Meeting, Institute of Transportation Engineers, The Hague, pp.262–265 (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.Open Chord (2012), http://open-chord.sourceforge.net/
- 12.Sun, J., Papadias, D., Tao, Y., Liu, B.: Querying about the past, the present, and the future in spatio-temporal databases. In: 20th International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 202–213 (2004)Google Scholar