e-Testing with Interactive Images - Opportunities and Challenges
Modern e-Education systems lack some basic functionalities the e-Testing systems have, such as reuse of question database, random positioning of answer options in multiple choice questions, generation of different tests with the same complexity for students, prevention of cheating by guessing and memorizing etc.
Multimedia is essential in the delivery of e-Learning and e-Testing. However, most of the existing systems include multimedia only as delivery of static pictures and animations without any interaction with images. In this paper we refer to opportunities and challenges the interactive image might have for e-Testing.
We present features of a new human computer interface and discuss the basic architecture of interactive images to be applied in the delivery of interactive e-Testing. At the end we discuss the benefit of this approach and present proof of a concept by analyzing the application domain.
KeywordsGoogle maps engine interactive image e-testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bing Maps: Home page, http://www.bing.com/maps/
- 2.Byrne, R.: How to Use Google Maps Engine Lite (September 2013), http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2013/09/how-to-use-google-maps-engine-lite.html
- 3.CISCO: Cisco networking academy, https://cisco.netacad.com/, (retrieved: November 2013)
- 4.Clark, R., Mayer, R.: E-learning and the science of instruction: Proven guidelines for consumers and designers of multimedia learning. Pfeiffer (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Crisp, G.: Teachers handbook on e-assessment (2012), http://www.sblinteractive.org/Portals/4/docs/Publications/Crisp_Handbook_2012.pdf
- 6.Google: Big Birthday.. Google Maps API Turns 5! (June 2010), http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com/2010/06/
- 7.Gusev, M., Ristov, S., Armenski, G., Gushev, P., Velkoski, G.: E-assessment with interactive images. In: 2014 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), Iistanbul, Turkey, pp. 484–491 (2014) (in Press)Google Scholar
- 9.HERE Maps: Home page, http://here.com/
- 10.Juntunen, T., Kostakos, V., Perttunen, M., Ferreira, D.: Web tool for traffic engineers: direct manipulation and visualization of vehicular traffic using google maps. In: MindTrek, pp. 209–210 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Lardinois, F.: Google Launches Maps Engine API To Allow Enterprise Developers To More Easily Create, Share And Publish Custom Maps (June 2013), http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/05/
- 12.Lev-Ram, M.: Are Google Maps the new productivity tool? (October 2013), http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/tag/google-map-engine-pro
- 13.OpenStreetMap: Home page, http://www.openstreetmap.org
- 14.Ristov, S., Gusev, M., Armenski, G., Bozinoski, K., Velkoski, G.: Architecture and organization of e-assessment cloud solution. In: 2013 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), pp. 736–743. IEEE, Berlin (2013); best Paper AwardGoogle Scholar
- 15.Ristov, S., Gusev, M., Armenski, G., Velkoski, G.: Scalable and elastic e-assessment cloud solution. In: 2014 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 762–769 (2014) (in Press)Google Scholar
- 16.Salmon, F.: Udacity and the future of online universities (January 23, 2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Scalise, K., Gifford, B.: Computer-based assessment in e-learning: A framework for constructing intermediate constraint questions and tasks for technology platforms. The Journal of Technology, Learning and Assessment 4(6) (2006)Google Scholar
- 20.Yahoo! Maps: Home page, http://maps.yahoo.com/
- 21.YandexMap: Home page, http://maps.yandex.com/
- 22.Zhang, J., Shi, H., Zhang, Y.: Self-organizing map methodology and google maps services for geographical epidemiology mapping. In: Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, DICTA 2009, pp. 229–235. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar