A Hybrid Approach Using Ontology Similarity and Fuzzy Logic for Semantic Question Answering
One of the challenges in information retrieval is providing accurate answers to a user’s question often expressed as uncertainty words. Most answers are based on a Syntactic approach rather than a Semantic analysis of the query. In this paper our objective is to present a hybrid approach for a Semantic question answering retrieval system using Ontology Similarity and Fuzzy logic. We use a Fuzzy Co-clustering algorithm to retrieve collection of documents based on Ontology Similarity. Fuzzy scale uses Fuzzy type-1 for documents and Fuzzy type-2 for words to prioritize answers. The objective of this work is to provide retrieval systems with more accurate answers than non-fuzzy Semantic Ontology approach.
KeywordsQuestion and Answering Fuzzy Ontology Fuzzy type-1 Fuzzyc type-2 Semantic Web
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ohler, J.: The semantic web in education. Educause Quarterly 31(4), 7–9 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Agrawal, R.: Computational education: The next frontier for digital libraries (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Gallova, S.: Fuzzy ontology and information access on the web. IAENG International Journal of Computer Science 34(2) (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Kaladevi, A.C., Kangaiammal, A., Padmavathy, S., Theetchenya, S.: Ontology extraction for e-learning: A fuzzy based approach. In: 2013 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), pp. 1–6 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Mendel, J.: Fuzzy sets for words: why type-2 fuzzy sets should be used and how they can be used. presented as two-hour tutorial at IEEE FUZZ, Budapest, Hongrie (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Benamara, F., Saint-Dizier, P.: Advanced relaxation for cooperative question answering. In: New Directions in Question Answering. MIT Press, Massachusetts (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Lord, P.: The semantic web takes wing: Programming ontologies with tawny-owl. arXiv preprint arXiv:1303.0213 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Rani, M., Kumar, S., Yadav, V.K.: Optimize space search using fcc_stf algorithm in fuzzy co-clustering through search engine. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology 1, 123–127 (2012)Google Scholar