Web-Page Indexing Based on the Prioritized Ontology Terms
In this world, globalization has become a basic and most popular human trend. To globalize information, people are going to publish the documents in the internet. As a result, information volume of internet has become huge. Tohandle that huge volume of information, Web searcher uses search engines. The Web-page indexing mechanism of a search engine plays a big role to retrieve Web search results in a faster way from the huge volume of Web resources. Web researchers have introduced various types of Web-page indexing mechanism to retrieve Web-pages from Web-page repository. In this paper, we have illustrated a new approach of design and development of Web-page indexing. The proposed Web-page indexing mechanism has been applied on domain specific Web-pages and we have identified the Web-page domain based on an Ontology. In our approach, first we prioritize the Ontology terms that exist in the Web-page content then apply our own indexing mechanism to index that Web-page. The main advantage of storing an index is to optimize the speed and performance while finding relevant documents from the domain specific search engine storage area for a user given search query.
KeywordsDomain Specific Search Ontology Ontology Based Search Relevance Value Search engine Web-page Indexing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Willinger, W., Govindan, R., Jamin, S., Paxson, V., Shenker, S.: Scaling phenomena in the Internet. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2573–2580 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Spyns, P., Meersman, R., Jarrar, M.: Data modelling versus ontology engineering. SIGMOD Record Special Issue 31(4), 12–17 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Spyns, P., Tang, Y., Meersman, R.: An ontology engineering methodology for DOGMA. Journal of Applied Ontology 5 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Anderson, J.D.: Guidelines for Indexes and Related Information Retrieval Devices. NISO Technical Report 2, NISO-TR02-1997 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Manoj, M., Elizabeth, J.: Information retrieval on Internet using meta-search engines: A review. CSIR, 739–746 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Brodnik, A., Carlsson, S., Degermark, M., Pink, S.: Small forwarding tables for fast routing lookups. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 1997 (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Mukhopadhyay, D., Biswas, A., Sinha, S.: A New Approach to Design Domain Specific Ontology Based Web Crawler. In: 10th International Conference on Information Technology, pp. 289–291 (2007)Google Scholar