Segmentation of Acute Brain Stroke from MRI of Brain Image Using Power Law Transformation with Accuracy Estimation
Segmentation of acute brain stroke and its position is very important task in medical community. Accurate segmentation of brain’s abnormal region by computer aided design (CAD) system is very difficult and challenging task due to its irregular shape, size, high degree of intensity and textural similarity between normal areas and abnormal regions areas. We developed a new method using power law transformation which gives very fine result visually and from quantifiable point of view. Our methods gives very accurate segmented tumor output with very low error rate and very high accuracy.
KeywordsBrain Stroke MRI of Brain Power Law Transformation Segmentation Accuracy Estimation CAD system Abnormal Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kosior, R.K., Lauzon, M.L., Steffenhagen, N., Kosior, J.C., Demchuk, A., Frayne, R.: Atlas-Based Topographical Scoring for Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Acute Stroke. American Heart Association 41(3), 455–460 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Kidwell, C.S., Chalela, J.A., Saver, J.L., Starkman, S., Hill, M.D., Demchuk, A.M., Butman, J.A., Patronas, N., Alger, J.R., Latour, L.L., Luby, M.L., Baird, A.E., Leary, M.C., Tremwel, M., Ovbiagele, B., Fredieu, A., Suzuki, S., Villablanca, J.P., Davis, S., Dunn, B., Todd, J.W., Ezzeddine, M.A., Haymore, J., Lynch, J.K., Davis, L., Warach, S.: Comparison of MRI and CT for Detection of Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage. The Journal of the American Medical Association 292(15) (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Chawla, M., Sharma, S., Sivaswamy, J., Kishore, L.: A method for automatic detection and classification of stroke from brain CT images. In: Proceedings of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3581–3584 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Merino, J.G., Warach, S.: Imaging of acute stroke. Nature reviews. Neurology 6, 560–571 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Roy, S., Nag, S., Maitra, I.K., Bandyopadhyay, S.K.: A Review on Automated Brain Tumor Detection and Segmentation from MRI of Brain. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineerin 3(6), 1706–1746 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Roy, S., Dey, A., Chatterjee, K., Bandyopadhyay, S.K.: An Efficient Binarization Method for MRI of Brain Image. Signal & Image Processing: An International Journal (SIPIJ) 3(6), 35–51 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Daubechies, I.: Ten lectures on wavelets. CBMS-NSF conference series in applied mathematics. SIAM Ed. (1992)Google Scholar
- 13.Meyer, Y.: Ondelettesetopérateurs, Tome 1, Hermann Ed. (1990); English translation: Wavelets and operators. Cambridge Univ. Press (1993)Google Scholar
- 14.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing, 2nd edn. (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Khotanlou, H.: 3D brain tumors and internal brain structures segmentation in MR images. Thesis (2008)Google Scholar