Detection of Downy Mildew Disease Present in the Grape Leaves Based on Fuzzy Set Theory
Agriculture has a significant role in economy of the most of the developing countries. A significant amount of crops are damaged in every year due to fungi, fungus, bacteria, Phytoplasmas, bad weather etc. Grapes are one of the most widely grown fruit crops in the world with significant plantings in India. Grapes are used in the production of wine, brandy, or non-fermented drinks and are eaten fresh or dried as raisins. Sometimes grape plants are affected by downy mildew, a serious fungal disease. Therefore, farmers try to detect the stage of the disease in plant at an early stage so that they can take necessary steps in order to prevent the disease from spreading to others parts of the fields. This article presents a novel technique for detection of downy mildew disease present in the grape leaves based on fuzzy importance factor. The proposed technique uses some digital image processing operations and fuzzy set theory concept. We experimented on thirty one diseased and non-diseased images and got 87.09% success. The experimental results reveal that the proposed technique can effectively detect the present of downy mildew disease in the grape leaves.
Keywordsfuzzy value downy mildew disease energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Maurus, V.B., James, N.M., Ronald, W.M., Patrick, F.: Inheritance of Downy Mildew Resistance in Table Grapes. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 124(3), 262–267 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Heckbert, P.: Color image quantization for frame buffer display. In: Proceedings of 9th Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, SIGGRAPH 1982, pp. 297–307 (1982)Google Scholar
- 4.Hofmann, U.: Plant protection strategies against downy mildew in organic viticulture. In: Proceedings of International Congress of Organic Viticulture, pp. 167–174 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Dietz, R., Moruzzi, S.: Cuts and clouds. Vagueness, Its Nature, and Its Logic. Oxford University Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Weizheng, S., Yachun, W., Zhanliang, C., Hongda, W.: Grading Method of Leaf Spot Disease Based on Image Processing. In: Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 6, pp. 491–494 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Samma, A.S.B., Salam, R.A.: Adaptation of K-Means Algorithm for Image Segmentation. International Journal of Information and Communication Engineering 5(4), 270–274 (2009)Google Scholar