Online Signature Verification at Sub-trajectory Level
The signatures are behavioral biometric characteristic used for authentication purpose. The verification of a signature while writing through the machine is called online signature verification. In this paper, we have implemented verification of signatures at sub-trajectory level. The verification has been performed using common threshold of features and writer dependent threshold. A set of fifty features are extracted of nature static, kinematic, statistical and structural properties. The experiments have been performed using SVC2004 (Signature Verification Competition) Task1 where forty user’s data include twenty genuine and twenty forgery signatures of each user. The achieved results indicate that verification at sub-trajectory level is a promising technique in online signature verification.
Keywordsonline signature verification feature extraction feature level threshold writer dependent threshold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guru, D.S., Prakash, H.N.: Symbolic Representation of On-Line Signatures. In: Proceedings of International Conference Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Application, pp. 312–317 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Kashi, R.S., Hu, J., Nelson, W.L., Turin, W.: On-line handwritten signature verification using Hidden Markov Model features. In: International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, pp. 253–257 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Alister, K., Yanikoglu, B.: Identity Authentication Using Improved On-Line Signature Verification Method. Pattern Recognition Letters 26(18), 2400–2408 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Guru, D.S., Prakash, H.N.: Online Signature Verification and Recognition: An Approach Based on Symbolic Representation. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 31(6) (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Aguilar, J.F.: Adopted Fusion Schemes for Multimodal Biometric Authentication. PhD thesis, Biometric Research Lab AVTS (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Nelson, W., Kishon, E.: Use of dynamic features for signature verification. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 1, pp. 201–205 (1991)Google Scholar