Research on the Extraction and Visualization of Automobile Brand Form Gene Based on Multi-roles’ Expectation Image
The extraction and visualization of automobile brand form gene based on multi-roles’ expectation image was studied from the brand form feature and brand semantic feature two aspects. Using the protocol analysis, interview method and sketch analysis, the automobile brand form genes were extracted from users, automobile form designers and enterprise related personnel. Then the automobile brand form genes were visualized and quantitative described through the Bezier splines, mood board and semantic differential method. Finally, taking the Kia automobile as an example, the method was proved to be rational and feasible.
KeywordsAutomobile styling Brand Form Gene multi-roles’ Expectation Image Visualization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, Y., Lei, T., Pan, Y.: Product identity, a new method in user-centered design acitivty. China Mechanical Engineering 17, 1105–1109 (2006) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, Y., Zhang, Y.: Research on Personalized Form Design Based on Product Brand Characteristics Family. China Mechanical Engineering 20, 460–466 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, W., Zhao, J.: Study on Audi Brand Form Gene. Packaging Engineering 28, 84–86 (2007) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Sun, S., Bao, E., Pan, Y.: Component feature model for product layout design. Journal of Computer-Aided Design & Computer Graphics 11, 28–32 (1999) (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 6.Zhao, D., He, R.: Brand Styling and Feature Research of Alfa Romeo. Art & Design 219, 72–74 (2011) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Hu, W., Zhao, J., Zhao, D.: Study on Styling Image of Vehicle Based on Form Feature Lines. China Mechanical Engineering 20, 496–500 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Van Someren, M.W.: The Think Aloud Method: A Practical Guide to Modeling Cognitive Processes. The Academic Press, London (1994) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Tan, H., Zhao, J., Zhao, D.: Construction and Application of the Quantitative Model of Automobile Form Features. Journal of Hunan University (Natural Sciences) 36, 27–31 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhu, Y.: Semantic Study on Automobile Form and Design Process Configuration. Hunan University, ChangSha (2009)Google Scholar