Designing “Female Prospect” into Public Space for Taipei City
With the global trend and the active participation and promotion by organizations and individuals from all fields who care about female issues, there has been a considerable degree of progress on substantive issues concerning female and public space in Taiwan over the recent 20 years. This is a gradual and interlocking process, especially in our capital of Taipei. In this dissertation the process of this evolvement will be clearly stated by the timeline-based recording approach. Comparisons will be made with respect to the modification of national policy in response to relevant social issues and events, and the specific presentation of its implementation in today’s public space with future prospects.
Keywordsmale Public Space Public Space Design Universal Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Grundström, K.: Gender and use of public space, Housing Development and Management–HDM. Lund University (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Pruit, L.R.: Gender, Geography. Berkeley Journal of Gender, Law & Justice 23(2) (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Wikipedia: Public Space (2011), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_space
- 4.Awakening Foundation: About Awakening (2009), http://www.awakening.org.tw/chhtml/
- 5.Hester, R.T.: Planning Neighborhood Space with People, pp. 57–75. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 6.Peng, Y.T.: The demand of neighborhood park for women in Taichung city. Tunghai University (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.College of Design: The Center for Universal Design, North Caloraindo University (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Burgstahler, S.: Universal Design: Process, Principles, and Applications, University of Washington (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Reporter: Taiwan Railways is promoted the, Waiting Zone for Female Passengers at Night, TVBS News (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Taipei news: Nursing in public space, The Liberty Times (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Building Law of Republic of China: chapter 97 revision (2010)Google Scholar