Clustering of Vehicle Usage Behavior by Means of Artificial Bee Colony
This paper proposes a new formulation of Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) in order to address clustering problems. The proposed algorithm models the inspector bee within the colony. It is tested for some benchmarks and is adopted to a real-world problem in Transportation System domain. In particular, we propose a clustering problem for the identification of vehicle usage in Poste Italiane by grouping together those vehicles with same features as fuel economies, frequency and value of refueling activities.
KeywordsArtificial Bee Colony Soft Computing Clustering Intelligent Transportation Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Talbi, E.G.: Metaheuristics: From Design to Implementation. Wiley Publishing (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Abu-Mouti, F., El-Hawary, M.: Overview of Artificial Bee Colony (abc) algorithm and its applications. In: 2012 IEEE International Systems Conference (SysCon), pp. 1–6 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Bache, K., Lichman, M.: UCI machine learning repository (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Birtolo, C., Diessa, V., De Chiara, D., Ritrovato, P.: Customer churn detection system: Identifying customers who wish to leave a merchant. In: Ali, M., Bosse, T., Hindriks, K.V., Hoogendoorn, M., Jonker, C.M., Treur, J. (eds.) IEA/AIE 2013. LNCS, vol. 7906, pp. 411–420. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Shevade, S., Keerthi, S., Bhattacharyya, C., Murthy, K.: Improvements to SMO algorithm for SVM Regression. Technical report, National University of Singapore, Control Division Dept of Mechanical and Production Engineering, National University of Singapore, Technical Report CD-99-16 (1999)Google Scholar