Parameterization Method for Computing Quasi-periodic Reducible Normally Hyperbolic Invariant Tori
We consider the problem of numerically computing quasi-periodic normally hyperbolic invariant tori (NHIT) with fixed frequency as well as their invariant bundles. The algorithm is based on a KAM scheme to find the parameterization of a torus with fixed Diophantine frequency (by adjusting parameters of the model), and suitable Floquet transformations that reduce the linearized dynamics to constant coefficients. We apply this method to continue curves of quasi-periodic NHIT of a perturbed dynamical system and to explore the mechanism of breakdown of these invariant tori. We observe in these continuations that the invariant bundles may collide even if the Lyapunov multipliers remain separated.
M.C. and A.H. have been funded by the Spanish grants MTM2009-09723 and MTM2012-32541. M.C. has also been funded by the FPI grant BES-2010-039663 and A.H. by the Catalan grant 2009-SGR-67.
- 1.Broer, H.W., Huitema, G.B., Sevryuk, M.B.: Quasi-periodic Motions in Families of Dynamical Systems. Order Amidst Chaos. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 1645. Springer, Berlin (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Canadell, M.: Computation of normally hyperbolic invariant manifolds. PhD thesis, Universitat de Barcelona (July 2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Canadell, M., Haro, A.: A Newton-like method for computing normally hyperbolic invariant tori. Chapter 5 of the parameterization method for invariant manifolds: from rigorous results to effective computations (2014, in progress)Google Scholar
- 7.Canadell, M., Haro, A.: A KAM-like theorem for Quasi-Periodic Normally Hyperbolic Invariant Tori (2014, in progress)Google Scholar
- 10.Figueras, J.L.: Fiberwise hyperbolic invariant Tori in quasiperiodically skew product systems. PhD. thesis, Universitat de Barcelona (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Hirsch, M.W., Pugh, C.C., Shub, M.: Invariant Manifolds. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 583. Springer, Berlin (1977)Google Scholar