Model Driven Testing for Cloud Computing
In this paper, the authors present a proposal to support the creation of test cases for software systems under cloud computing environments. This approach is based on Model Driven Engineering (MDE). A Methodology and metamodels are proposed to support the generation of test cases. Specific metamodels for cloud computing environments are provided. Business models are created conform to UML (including profiles) and test cases are created conform to a metamodel that is independent testing platform. Both models are manipulated by model transformation that generates test cases for cloud computing environments. These metamodels are used in conjunction with the tool MT4MDE and SAMT4MDE for developing testing models. An illustrative example helps to understand the proposed approach.
KeywordsModel driven engineering Model driven testing Testing Cloud computing
The work described in this paper is supported by CAPES, FAPEMA (through the grant APP-00944/09) and CNPq (through the grant 560231/2010-5).
- 1.Incorporating language processing into java applications: a javacc tutorial. Software, IEEE, 21(4):70 –77, july-aug.2004.Google Scholar
- 2.Takayuki Banzai, Hitoshi Koizumi, Ryo Kanbayashi, Takayuki Imada, Toshihiro Hanawa, and Mitsuhisa Sato. Dcloud: Design of a software testing environment for reliable distributed systems using cloud computing technology. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing, 2010.Google Scholar
- 3.Zair Abdelouahab Denivaldo Lopes, Slimane Hammoudi. Schema Matching in the Context of Model Driven Engineering: From Theory to Practice. Proceedings of the International Conference on Systems, Computing Sciences and Software Engineering (SCSS 2005), December 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.Cloud Foundry. Cloud Foundry. Available at http://www.cloudfoundry.com/.
- 5.Koray Inandki, Ismail Ari, and Hasan Sozer. A survey of software testing in the cloud. In Software Security and Reliability Companion (SERE-C), 2012 IEEE Sixth International Conference on, pages 18 –23, june 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Nicolai M. Josuttis. SOA in pratice. Alta Books, 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.Wang Jun and Fanpeng Meng. Software Testing Based on Cloud Computing. International Conference on Internet Computing and Information Services, 2011.Google Scholar
- 8.G. N. Watson LA. Z. Javed, P.A. Strooper. Automated generation of test cases using model-driven architecture. Second International Workshop on Automation of Software Test (AST ’07), 2007.Google Scholar
- 9.Denivaldo Lopes, Slimane Hammoudi, Jean Bézivin, and Frédéric Jouault. Mapping Specification inMDA: From Theory to Practice. First International Conference INTEROPESA’ 2005 Interoperability of Enterprise Software and Applications, February 2005.Google Scholar
- 10.Marinela Mircea. Soa, bpm and cloud computing: Connected for innovation in higher education. International Conference on Education and Management Technology, 2011.Google Scholar
- 11.Leonardo Molinari. Functional Testing of Software. Visual Books, 2008.Google Scholar
- 12.OMG. Meta Object Facility (MOF) specification – version 2.4.1, formal/08-07-11, August 2011.Google Scholar
- 13.L. Riungu-Kalliosaari, O. Taipale, and K. Smolander. Testing in the cloud: Exploring the practice. Software, IEEE, 29(2):46 –51, march-april 2012.Google Scholar
- 14.[Douglas C. Schmidt. Model-Driven Engineering. IEEE Computer, February 2006.Google Scholar
- 15.Ian Sommerville. Software Engineering. Pearson, 8st edition, 2007.Google Scholar
- 16.Barrie Sosinsky. Cloud Computing Bible. Wiley Publishing, 2011.Google Scholar
- 17.Helaine Sousa, Denivaldo Lopes, Zair Abdelouahab, Slimane Hammoudi, and Daniela Barreiro Claro. Building test cases through model driven engineering. International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering, 2008.Google Scholar
- 18.Stephan Schulz Thomas Rings, Jens Grabowski. On the standardization of a testing framework for application deployment on grid and cloud infrastructures. 2010 Second International Conference on Advances in System Testing and Validation Lifecycle, 2010.Google Scholar
- 19.Wei-Tek Tsai, Peide Zhong, Janaka Balasooriya, Yinong Chen, Xiaoying Bai, and Jay Elston. An approach for service composition and testing for cloud computing. Tenth International Symposium on Autonomous Decentralized Systems, 2011.Google Scholar
- 20.Anthony T. Velte, Toby J. Velte, and Robert Eslenpeter. Computac¸ ˜ao em Nuvem. Uma abordagem pr´atica. IEEE Computer, 2010.Google Scholar
- 21.VMware. VMware. Available at http://www.vmware.com/.
- 22.Bin ChenWei-Tek Tsai Jerry Gao Xiaoying Bai, Muyang Li. Cloud testing tools. Proceedings of The 6th IEEE International Symposium on Service Oriented System Engineering (SOSE 2011), 2011.Google Scholar
- 23.Lian Yu, Wei-Tek Tsai1, Xiangji Chen, Linqing Liu, Yan Zhao, Liangjie Tang, andWei Zhao. Testing as a service over cloud. Fifth IEEE International Symposium on Service Oriented System Engineering, 2010.Google Scholar
- 24.Boubekeur Zendagui. A model driven engineering approach for the observation needs specification. Ninth IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, pages 67–69, 2009.Google Scholar