A New Derivative of Midimew-Connected Mesh Network
In this paper, we present a derivative of Midimew connected Mesh Network (MMN) by reassigning the free links for higher level interconnection for the optimum performance of the MMN; called Derived MMN (DMMN). We present the architecture of DMMN, addressing of nodes, routing of message and evaluate the static network performance. It is shown that the proposed DMMN possesses several attractive features, including constant degree, small diameter, low cost, small average distance, moderate bisection width, and same fault tolerant performance than that of other conventional and hierarchical interconnection networks. With the same node degree, arc connectivity, bisection width, and wiring complexity, the average distance of the DMMN is lower than that of other networks.
KeywordsMassively Parallel Computers Interconnection Network DMMN MMN and Static Network Performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wu, C.L., Feng, T.Y.: Tutorial: Interconnection networks for parallel and distributed processing. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.Rahman, M.H., Jiang, X., Masud, M.A., Horiguchi, S.: Network performance of pruned hierarchical torus network. In: 6th IFIP Int’l Conf. on Network and Parallel Computing, pp. 9–15 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Beckman, P.: Looking toward exascale computing. In: 9th Int’l Conf. on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies, p. 3 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Abd-El-Barr, M., Al-Somani, T.F.: Topological properties of hierarchical interconnection networks: a review and comparison. J. Elec. and Comp. Engg. 1 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Jain, V.K., Ghirmai, T., Horiguchi, S.: TESH: A new hierarchical interconnection network for massively parallel computing. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems 80, 837–846 (1997)Google Scholar
- 13.Puente, V., Izu, C., Gregorio, J.A., Beivide, R., Prellezo, J., Vallejo, F.: Improving parallel system performance by changing the arrangement of the network links. In: Proceedings of the 14th Int’l Conf. on Supercomputing, pp. 44–53 (2000)Google Scholar
- 15.Awal, M.R., Rahman, M.H., Akhand, M.A.H.: A New Hierarchical Interconnection Network for Future Generation Parallel Computer. In: 16th Int’l Conf. on Computers and Information Technology (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.Lonka, O., Naralchuk, A.: Comparison of interconnection networks. LUT (2008)Google Scholar