Nonlinear Control for Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output Nonlinear Systems with PB Models Based on I/O Linearization
This chapter proposes a servo control of multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) nonlinear systems approximated by piecewise bilinear (PB) models. The approximated model is found to be fully parametric. The input-output (I/O) feedback linearization is applied to stabilize PB control systems. The controller can be represented as a Look-Up-Table (LUT). We apply the servo control based on PB models to the Caltech ducted fan model. Although the controller is simpler than the conventional I/O feedback linearizing controller, the control performance based on PB model is the same as the conventional one. The example is shown to confirm the feasibility of our proposals by computer simulations.
KeywordsPiecewise bilinear model Multiple-input and multiple-output nonlinear system Input-output linearization Servo control Look-up-table controller
This project was supported by a URP grant from Ford Motor Company which the authors thankfully acknowledge. Also, the authors would like to thank Dr. Dimitar Filev and Dr. Yan Wang of Ford Motor Company for his valuable comments and discussions. In addition, this work was supported by Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B: 23700276) of The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in Japan.
- 7.Taniguchi, T., Sugeno, M.: Stabilization of nonlinear systems based on piecewise Lyapunov functions. In: FUZZ-IEEE 2004, pp. 1607–1612 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Taniguchi, T., Sugeno, M.: Piecewise bilinear system control based on full-state feedback linearization. In: SCIS & ISIS 2010, pp. 1591–1596 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Taniguchi, T., Sugeno, M.: Stabilization of nonlinear systems with piecewise bilinear models derived from fuzzy if-then rules with singletons. In: FUZZ-IEEE 2010, pp. 2926–2931 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Taniguchi, T., Sugeno, M.: Nonlinear model predictive control of piecewise bilinear systems based on feedback linearization. In: ISIS 2011, pp. 131–134 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Taniguchi, T., Sugeno, M.: Design of LUT-controllers for nonlinear systems with PB models based on I/O linearization. In: FUZZ-IEEE 2012, pp. 1589–1596 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Taniguchi, T., Sugeno, M.: Robust stabilization of nonlinear systems modeled with piecewise bilinear systems based on feedback linearization. In: IPMU 2012, pp. 111–120 (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Sastry, S.: Nonlinear Systems. Springer, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Murray, R.M.: Modeling of the caltech ducted fan. Control and Dynamical Systems. California Institute of Technology. Tech. Rep. (1996)Google Scholar