LASTC: Legal Advisory System for Thai Cheque Law
Legal information has been utilized increasingly for developing legal applications. We propose a decision support system to solve legal problems by inferring from knowledge base and interpreting the legal explanation to user. Given a legal case as an input, our system provides the court hearing scenario for each legal case. Our proposed algorithm namely EstoppelProofEngine simulates the court procedure using evidence law. Moreover, the system can conclude the court decision and give the legal explanation to user. This paper presents a decision support system called Legal Advisory System for Thai Cheque Law (LASTC). LASTC can simulate the burden of proof principle used in the court hearing process. Moreover, the system also provides the legal explanation to user. The module of LASTC was examined by various legal cases and compared with the benchmark.
KeywordsDecision Support System estoppel principle legal reasoning Thai Cheque Law
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Diffen. Procedural Law vs Substantive Law (2013), http://www.diffen.com/
- 2.Sergot, M.J., Sadri, F., Kowalski, R.A., Kriwaczek, E., Hammond, P., Cory, H.T.: The British Nationality Act as A Logic Program. Communications of the ACM, 370–386 (1986)Google Scholar
- 3.Supreme Court of Thailand (2013), http://deka2007.supremecourt.or.th/
- 4.Supreme Court of the United States (2013), http://www.supremecourt.gov/
- 5.Supreme Court of Japan (2013), http://www.courts.go.jp/english/
- 6.Boonchom, V., Soonthornphisaj, N.: ATOB algorithm: an automatic ontology construction for Thai legal sentences retrieval. Joural of Information Science, 37–51 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Waiyamai, K., Pongsiriprida, T.: Applying Association Rule Discovery to Select Laws and Articles for Lawsuit. In: The Ninth Pacific Asia Conference on Information System (PACIS), pp. 143–152 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Saunders, K.W.: A Logic for the Analysis of Collateral Estoppel. Rutgers Computer & Tech. L.J. 99, 99–132 (1986)Google Scholar
- 9.De Vos, M., Balke, T., Satoh, K.: Modelling Legitimate Expectations. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Juris-Informatics (JURISIN 2012), pp. 87–100 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Satoh, K.: Logic Programming and Burden of Proof in Legal Reasoning. New Generation Computing, 297–326 (2012)Google Scholar